Wednesday, February 10, 2010

bLizZaRdS

Surgery was a success.  I am recovering well.  The hardest part of recovering is not lifting the kids- especially Henry and not being able to clean (I am a bit compulsive).  Grandma Janet, Grandma Peggy, and Grandpa John were able to help us last week with the kids just before the 1st blizzard pounded the DC area with 30 inches of snow. 




Viera (Radim's mom) flew in on Saturday but her flight was diverted to JFK. She spent the night in a posh hotel, took a dip in the pool and jacuzzi, enjoyed a free dinner and breakfast- all courtesy of Austrian Airlines.  She flew out the next morning to DC.  Nice! 

Now the 2nd blizzard is upon us dumping well over 10 inches.  Poor Viera has caught whatever stomach bug we have been incubating in our house for over a week. She is the 5th victim to succumb after Radim, Grandma Janet, Grandpa Hollenbach, and Grandma Peggy.  Somehow the kids and I have escaped it (knock on wood!)

0 comments: