Sophie, for as long as I can remember, loves dogs. She sleeps with about 10 stuffed ones at night (I know because we just did a head count). Each one has a name and a unique personality. She favors the one named, "Daffodil" by placing him next to her in bed, swaddling her in a blanket, and taking her on outings.
Three weeks ago a catalog from Target was delivered by our mail woman. Sophie was browsing its pages and out of all the toys, she takes to the page with the labrador puppies in a red flyer wagon. She stared at this one page for over a week convinced this is what the Easter bunny was going to bring her. Sadly, I let her know that the Easter bunny doesn't bring live things (at least to the Boncos anyways) but it brings eggs and small treats. She was disappointed but the promise of treats was enough to satisfy her.
The following week Sophie was talking about her birthday and told me that she really wanted a dog (did I also mention that's what she sat on Santas lap and asked for, for Christmas?) This time I decided I needed to talk to her a little more about the responsibility of having a dog and that she needed to be a little older. "How old?" she asked. "Seven", I replied, figuring that by then she'll move on to something else. She was so excited to know that she would be getting a dog in the future- when she is "big".
Now I'm not sure if I have done more damage with the promise of a dog. Every night before she goes to bed she asks for certain things for her future dog. "Mommy, can I have a blue collar for my dog?" and "My dog will need a bowl and a bone". A few days ago I had a plastic bag in my hand and she said, "Oh Mommy, I could use that bag for my dog." "Sure, but you can't put a dog in a bag." "No, I could use it to pick up his poop."
I think this is where the obsession began- scroll to the bottom of the post - http://boncofamily.blogspot.com/2009/03/outdoor-weekend.html
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
DoGs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment