Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Turning 30...

I never really cared about leaving my 20's behind, in fact, I looked forward to it as most of my friends (and husband) are older than me.  It wasn't until my physical health took a down hill turn just after Henry was born, most noteably my back problems.  I attributed it all to me getting older and was NOT looking forward to turning 30.  I had planned to lie when asked how old I was and say 29 for the next few years.  However, now that the pain is all gone, I can run, bike, hike, etc.  I am embracing my 30's with open arms and my friends and family have helped me have the best birthday EVER!

On Saturday night my wonderful husband surprised me with dinner at the Chart House in Alexandria.  We had a table with a view of the Potomac, a nice bottle of wine, delicious seafood, and hot chocolate lava cake to end it all. 

Afterwards, I got exactly what I wanted most of all- a full night of sleep!  We stayed at the Crown Plaza hotel in a room overlooking the Potomac.  It was amazing.  Thank you mom for watching the kids!
On Wednesday (my b-day) we had cupcakes for lunch from Cake Dreams.
I thought Hen deserved a little bite too...
On Thursday we spent the afternoon with our friends Ashia, Bennett, and Madeline at Gravelly Point (AKA airport park)...
On Friday I got to really test out my birthday present- the chariot child carrier.  This thing is AWESOME.  You can attach it to a bike, stroll, jog, hike, and cross country ski (if you buy all the attachments, that is).  Luckily my friend Ashia got one too...so we'll have many adventures to come (stay tuned).  Here we are on our way to the town center for dinner.
On the way we stopped by Cake Dreams to pick up some cupcakes (yes, again, buy hey don't you see we're biking?!)  We have such tolerant kids- don't you think?  As long as the snacks, songs, and frequent stops keep coming- no problem.
Final destination was La Tasca.  After a ton of food and a pitcher of Sangria we enjoyed the cupcakes...

Many thanks, with all my heart, to everyone for making this birthday special!

0 comments: