Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Projects


After a visit to the Town Center for "Mommy and Me" day, I realized that I probably should be starting some projects with Sophie.  One of the vendors helped Sophie glue some letters onto a plate and after a few pipe cleaners and some coloring it looked like an apple!  Sophie was so excited.  She LOVED the gluestick.  So I went to the store and got scissors, glue, playdo, and some fingerpaints. I am building up the courage and patience to pull out the fingerpaints.  The playdo is also a bit nerving...we only do that if Henry is napping- too much ends up in her mouth- yuck!  For now we are doing A LOT of gluing!



I cut the numbers and Sophie glued and colored them.

These are pinecones rolled in peanut butter and sunflower seeds- well chocolate covered sunflower seeds.  I didn't have any birdseed so I used the closest thing I had.  Apparently birds, squirrels, and chipmunks do not like artificially flavored candy coating and milk chocolate since we had no visitors to our sad little pinecones.  Sophie waited so patiently in front of the the window too.  I will do better next time with the supplies!


Here she is making Daddy's birthday card.  She's getting the hang of the scissors.









Mommy did a project too...another diaper cake.  This one for baby Isabella due in January.

0 comments: